Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Only slightly embarassed

As many of you know, Kellen is recently potty-trained so Crystal and I still pay extra attention to his bathroom needs. In light of this, we arrived at Church a couple of minutes early and while Crystal set up for primary, I took Kellen to the nursery potty. I should note that the nursery potty is specifically designed for those who are small - I think the toilet seat is ~ 18inches off the ground and may not even be that high. Kellen is also very specific about his bathroom routine and noted that there was a little toilet paper already in the potty when he got in there. That required a flush so Kellen could have a fresh bowl to do his business in. Unfortunately the toilet didn't flush. It was plugged. Great. Now it looks like Kellen or I plugged the kiddie potty at the church. I dutifully went to the custodial closet to find the plunger (I am One-Plunge after all), but I couldn't find the plunger. Unable to do anything else about the matter Kellen and I simply headed back to the chapel for sacrament meeting.

After sacrament meeting I took Kellen to nursery. As I was entering the nursery room, someone was coming out of the nursery potty and told me that it was plugged. Rather than admit that I knew the toilet was plugged and had left it that way, implicating myself as a possible culprit in the process, I told the woman I would go to the custodial closet and look for what I thought was a non-existent plunger. I entered the closet and within moments located the heretofore unseen plunger (I genuinely don't know how I missed the plunger the first time). Having located the plunger I now had the unenviable pleasure of making the walk down the Church hallway with plunger in hand while people were filing to their respective classrooms. I should note that the route involves a widely traveled hallway between the chapel and the room where Gospel Doctrine is taught. Wonderful, and only slightly embarassing. I did my best to stay close to the wall and give my best, "I didn't do it" face, but honestly I don't know what that face looks like and the one I made probably looks more like a chagrined-face that told people I was responsible - so yes the 6'5" guy was responsible for dropping a deuce on the nursery potty and clogging it up - never mind the fact that it would have required an act of flexibility I haven't been capable of for a few years with my knees up around or even higher than my ears whilst my hindquarters hovered near the ground. I did eventually make it to the bathroom and was able to quickly unclog the toilet. I am one-plunge afterall.

Rather than a face a second walk of shame, I elected to leave the plunger in the bathroom when I was done. Was church this exciting for anyone else?

2 comments:

Sunny said...

If I saw someone walking through the halls with a plunger I wouldn't think anything of it. Does that make you feel better? If I saw a grown man coming in and out of the nursery bathroom without a child, I would.

And did Kellen make it accident-free on Sunday?

And finally, regarding the picture on our blog: yes, I know it looks like Jared & boys are the protesters. I thought since I introduced my friends in earlier pictures no one would be confused. I should have changed the blurb underneath but I was too lazy.

Kris Romeril said...

Thanks for that, it made quite the laugh.