Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lessons in Puberty

The kids have apparently had a lot of questions about our bodies with the arrival or imminent arrival of Avery. Kellen for instance cannot figure out how Mom can be older than Dad since Dad is so much taller than Mom. He also spent a lot of time asking questions about whose tummy everyone came from: "Whose Tummy did I come from?" Reply: Mom's "Whose tummy did Mom come from?" Nanna's "Whose tummy did Nanna come from?" and so on.

Gabby meanwhile took a look at the pads Crystal has and was asking me what those were. I told her she needed to ask her Mom, but undeterred she took a closer look and told me confidently that they were the "big waterproof band-aids for Moms." Apparently she has been watching too many TV commercials and fortunately still hasn't figured everything out yet.

Cade's comment meanwhile is my favorite. I'm not quite sure how the topic came up, but probably with some of his friends about how tall each of them would be, but he has apparently getting some information about growth spurts. When he and I were home alone he told me, very earnestly, "Mom hasn't had her growth spurt yet, when is she going to have her growth spurt?"

Thank goodness these are the most difficult questions we have to answer right now . . .

No comments: